Our goal for your event is to provide the highest quality of patient care as well as preventative advice to help reduce the likelihood of someone being injured.
NPEMA is proud to offer a first aid solution fit to your events needs.
Our company is proud to offer First aid and Medical Response Services to any community, scouting or specialized events. Our youth's training, and Medical Advisors diverse medical knowledge and training allow us to comfortably cover almost any event.
A few larger-scale events we've covered:
- Canadian Volleyball Championships: 7 day event with over 6000 athletes in attendance
- Canadian Jamboree: a weeklong camp in Nova Scotia with ~5,000 youth participants, working in collaboration with other MedVent groups.
- National/International Hockey/Ringette Tournaments: a variety of events ranging from 1-2 weekends, and coverage for multiple arenas and venues.
- Canadian Food Truck Festivals: Covered multiple weekend events in various locations across Ontario with multiple venues and diverse populations.
- Happy Trails Racing/Chili Half Marathon: Multiple urban & wilderness trail races with variable terrain, response locations and up to 2,000 athletes in attendance.
Main Medical Post, First Aid Posts & Trailer
- The Main Medical Post "Main Med" is a HUB for either patients transferred in by our mobile teams, referrals from our supporting posts or walk-ins from the surrounding area.
- Main Med can operate out of our medical response trailer (a 7x16ft enclosed trailer), pop-up shelters or a facility of your choosing at an event with indoor accommodations or tents.
- Main Med is staffed with First Responders, Emergency Medical Responders and/or our Medical Advisors who are Nurses, Doctors, and allied health professionals.
- We have the ability to provide multiple first aid tent locations, or one large main medical post, the distribution of the tents or locations will depend on your event need and the layout of the event.
Mobile Services / Mobile Teams
- Mobile response teams are comprised of Response Bikes, Golf carts and event permitting, ATV's/UTV's.
- Our golf cart enables transportation of non-ambulatory patients or those who require supine transport. The cart accommodates patient monitoring, oxygen administration and more.
- Between these two teams, our MedVents are able to not only reach patients in a variety of locations at events but also treat, release and transport to the Main Med if required.
Roving Medical Teams
- Roving medical teams make up the most common type of response requested at events.
- Able respond on-foot to patients who otherwise might not be reachable to larger response vehicles or bikes (ie large crowds).
- Roving teams provide ground coverage, as well as assistance with on-site first aid treatment and through collaboration with our Mobile Teams, can facilitate transportation to the main medical tent or treat and release on scene.
Aquatic Supervision / Lifeguard Teams
- One of our newest solutions we are proud to offer both Lifeguard and Bronze Cross guards for aquatic events or activities at events.
- Starting with Bronze Medallion, then progressing to Bronze Cross and National Lifeguard, our MedVents are able to not only provide lifeguard or lifesaving assistance in water based programs (obstacles in races, or pools), but are able to also provide supervision and response on water.
- Our team has one Seadoo (PWC) which can be deployed for water-based supervision and support (during events like Regattas, swim racing etc).
- This team would be staffed by Lifeguards, with the lowest level assistance to the guard being a Bronze Cross.
- Should your event require all responders to be Lifeguards, please notify of this in advance when requesting coverage for your event so we can do our best to ensure adequate staffing levels.
NPEMA sets First Responder (FR) as our base competency for our responders. This is recognized as Red Cross's first level of professional responder certification. Members may elect to upgrade to the emergency medical responder (EMR) after 1 year of providing care at the FR level.
Our members are all trained by medical or allied health professionals currently working in an acute care setting (ie. hospitals, EMS services, etc.). Under the careful eye of these providers, our members provide a medical response at events.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), including oxygen administration and airway management.
- AED and high-quality CPR
- Training on working with paediatric patients or young children, as well as the elderly.
Our EMR's & Medical Advisors receive additional training in:
- Experience working under medical control / medical directives
- Provision of symptom relief
Have a question about our team or services provided? If you have an event you're looking for a medical solution for, please click the button below and complete the form attached to help us better understand how we can meet your events' needs!